Monday, January 21, 2008

E-mail brings us closer, not farther away...

Very interesting article in wired about how technology is actually leading to MORE face to face communication rather than less....

I've also heard a lot of people tell me that I work with computers, so I must be able to do my job anywhere...the article would suggest otherwise...
Technology makes it more fun and more profitable to live and work close
to the people who matter most to your life and work. Harvard economist
Ed Glaeser, an expert on city economies, argues that communications
technology and face-to-face interactions are complements like salt and
pepper, rather than substitutes like butter and margarine.
Paradoxically, your cell phone, email, and Facebook networks are making
it more attractive to meet people in the flesh.
Full story here.

No comments: