Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yahoo Widges suck

I'm not sure what's going on. But I thought, hey, why not give 'em a chance again. Previously, they were buggy obnoxious memory hogging wastes of time. Now they're just buggy to the point of uselessness.

I've been trying to install them...currently I have two widgets open...but I can't get access to the "Yahoo! Widgets" application to open our time tracking tool. I try to open the yahoo application...but it's already open...apparently...but I can't seem to bring up their menu. They don't exist in the finder app list...so I can't force quit it. So I'm left with this vauge ghost of an application that I can't quit, interact with, or fix.

Yahoo, get your shit together with this stuff. It can't be that hard.

UPDATE: it appears a faulty installation was to blame. I re-installed the software from scratch and it appears to be behaving itself. I'm not sure how I got the half-install in the first place, but I suppose this sort of thing is prone to happen when one relies on "Web Installs"

No comments: